Monday, July 23, 2012

What's in my Garden

Well another week has gone by and we have had some amazing weather.  I spent Sunday morning planting my seedlings in the garden.  Along with all my other Fruit and Vegies I now have more beetroot, radishes and some watermelon has gone in.  The rain we had a couple of weeks has certainly benefited most of the vegies.  I only lost a zucchini seedling but still have 3 on the go.  They don't appreciate to much water. 

The days are starting to get that little bit warmer which is great for the garden.  I have buds on quite a few things at the moment including my Tahitian Lime.  It is flowering well and I have 1 lime growing.  The Mulberry Tree I thought Bill had killed with kindness is full of green fruit.  I purchased some seeded purple potatoes the other week from Kookaburra Organics at their stall when visiting the Garden Expo at Nambour.  They are in the ground and are growing so well.  I have planted quite a few potatoes so by Christmas we will have plenty.  This weekend will see my planting out all the lettuce seedlings.  This would be the most popular vegie I use. 

Any way enjoy the photo's.  I managed to even find a nests under my back verandah.  Not sure if there is anything in it.  It is up to high plus I don't want to disturb it.






A few Gooseberries hiding under the bush

Purple Potatoes up.

Look what was hiding under the eaves

So many buds on the Lime

One and only Lime

Remember this beautiful rose from last week.

It is now fully out in flower.






Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Quote for the day!



Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.





1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks lovely Sue. Must get to the Garden Exp sometime, it sounds good.
    Don't worry about your limes. They seem to take a while to get going. Ours did anyway - this season we've had about 20 off it so far - last year only one. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete