Monday, October 8, 2012

Upcycled Jars

A few weeks ago I posted a photo of some jars that I had painted.  I keep all my jars after we have used them because they can always be reused.  My son loves eating Mighty Mite very simular to Vegemite so I have had so many jars in the cupboard.

 
 
 
Over the last couple of weeks I have been  making a candlelabra out of these jars.  I am quite happy with the finished result.  The piece of wood looks amazing.  Since it is buy nothing new October I didn't go out and by a wood stain from the hardware.  Instead I used Rosehip tea and Red Clay and painted it on the wood a few times.  After I got the desired look I wanted I added a clear lacquer which I had in the cupboard.  Anyway see for yourself.  This will look amazing over the table outside and will definitely be a talking point.
 






Do you recycle/upcycle things as well.  I love turning things into masterpieces.  I now have a box of old records at home.  I know how to make bowls from them and have recently turned the record covers into little boxes but I am going to try making a handbag over the coming weeks.  Stay tuned.

 
 
Let me know your ideas.  Have a great week everyone.  BTW haven't blogged about my diet last week but did lose just over a kilo.
 
 
Sue x

2 comments:

  1. what did you use to paint the jars sue, beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glass paint. You can buy little pots at Spotlight or packs of glass paints at Riot crafts.

      Delete