Saturday, October 13, 2012

Felting

Fantastic morning spent learning how to wet felt.  I had only attempted felting soap some years ago and failed miserably but armed with my sushi mat, squeeze bottle and towels Sarah and I headed over to Imogens Art Space for a workshops on basic felting. 
This workshop was organised by the Brisbane Brown Owls which I am a member of.  I was so happy it was on a weekend plus a weekend I had vacant.  The workshop was run by Sandrine.  I had only really ever heard of needle felting so this was something new. 

I am so glad I went.  I created a beautiful piece of felted material which is now at home in a frame.  I also added some beautiful bridal beading material that I picked up at Reserve Garbage a few weeks ago.



So happy with the results I am now trying out the soap felting again.  So next market you will see some felted soaps to my stall.

I hope everyone else has had a wonderful weekend.  Like normal it went way to quick.


Keep creating people!


Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Your felted piece is beautiful Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Maria. I was so happy with the result and how easy it was I have just purchased some wool felt online to make some more things.

      Delete